Built in 1929, the Shaw Memorial Hall provided additional classrooms and space for the college library. Located on the northeast corner of 8th Avenue and D Street, the building with its six large classic Greek columns became a well known Ellensburg landmark. The view is looking west at the right side of the main entrance. In 1963, a large additional was constructed at the rear of the building and renamed Shaw-Smyser Hall.
"Columns of Shaw Memorial Hall" (1950). Ellensburg History Photographs. 138.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Shaw Memorial Hall, Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.), Shaw Smyser Hall, Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.), Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.)