Looking west on Fourth Street between Pine and Main Streets, many of the north side buildings can be seen. In the far distance is the large industrial and storage warehouses near the Northern Pacific Railroad yards. On the right is the Elmira Building which housed the New York Store. W. W. Fish of Elmira, New York had the building constructed after the July 1889 fire. Next to this building is the well known Ellensburg's landmark, the Davidson Building often called the Phoenix Building for the large stone carved eagle resting atop the Fourth Street Entrance. Across Pearl Street can be seen the Cadwell-Olympic Building, the Rehmke Brothers Buildings and the O. B. Castle Building. Elwood's Drug Store was housed in the Cadwell-Olympic Building for many years.Postcard titled "4th Street Ellensburg." Handwritten note in pencil addressed to Mrs. P. O. Norman, RFD #2, Stanwood, Wash. Note written to "Dear Parents" from Edith Drake. Postmarked in Ellensburg, Wash. Sept. 19, 1908.
"North Side of Fourth Street" (1898). Ellensburg History Photographs. 139.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Streets, Historic, Historic streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, City & town life -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Commercial streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Fourth Street (Ellensburg, Wash.), Elmira Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), New York Store (Ellensburg, Wash.), Davidson Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Phoenix Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Cadwell - Olympic Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Rehmke Brothers Buildings (Ellensburg, Wash.), Castle (O.B.) Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Elwood Drug Store (Ellensburg, Wash.)