The Ellensburg City Hall building on the southeast corner of Fifth and Pearl Streets was constructed by the National Bank of Ellensburg as a modern banking facility in 1930. From 1888 until 1930 the property had been occupied by a two story brick building built by Edward P. Cadwell and later owned by the Ellensburgh National Bank. The National Bank of Ellensburg was formally opened in November 1930. Seven years later, in 1937, the defunct bank's building was sold to the city of Ellensburg at a public auction for $10,000. The city's municipal offices were moved into the building in February 1938.Photograph postcard: titled "City Hall - Ellensberg (sic) - Wash. Ellis #6907."
Ellis, "Ellensburg City Hall" (1938). Ellensburg History Photographs. 2.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Ellensburg City Hall (Wash.), Public buildings -- Washington (State), National Bank of Ellensburg (Wash.), Bank buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg