The Young Men's Christian Association building on the northwest corner of 4th Avenue and Water Street was built in 1911. Land was donated by Ellensburg businessman Sam Pearson. Over $50,000 was raised by members of the community for construction of the new building. In 1966, St. Andrew's Catholic Church purchased the building which it occupied until 1977. The Fraternal Order of Eagles purchased the building from the church in 1980 and continues use and ownership to the present time.Postcard titled: "Y.M.C.A. Ellensburg-Wash."
"YMCA Building" (1920). Ellensburg History Photographs. 200.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Y.M.C.A Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Clubhouses -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Pearson, Sam, St. Andrew's Catholic Church (Ellensburg, Wash.), Fraternal Order of Eagles (Ellensburg, Wash.)