The Johnson House was built by Thomas Johnson (1840-1908) in 1884 at the northwest corner of Fourth and Pearl Streets. The third floor was a ballroom, and the first and second floors were the hotel proper. The huge frame structure was completely destroyed by the July 4th 1889 fire. Johnson, an early pioneer in Yakima and Kittitas Counties, operated the first stage line from Ellensburg to The Dalles, Oregon. His hotel offered travelers many quality accommodations during their Ellensburg visit.
"Johnson House" (1887). Ellensburg History Photographs. 28.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Johnson House (Ellensburg, Wash.), Johnson, Thomas, Hotels -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg