Kamola Hall, constructed in 1911, was the first dormitory built on the Washington State Normal School campus. An addition was built in 1915 that increased accommodations to satisfy 112 students. Kamola Hall was used by the Army Air Corp during World War II. Since 1974, the hall was been co-ed. In 2002, Kamola Hall was closed for extensive renovations. The frail and delicate Kamola ( Que-mol-lah) was the favorite daughter of Kittitas Indian Chief Owhi. In 1864, Kamola became the wife of Chief Moses.Asahel Curtis, well known Northwest photographer took several photographs in the Ellensburg area in 1912. The original image is located in the Special Collections at the University of Washington.
Curtis, Asahel, "Kamola Hall, Washington State Normal School" (1912). Ellensburg History Photographs. 29.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, State Normal School (Ellensburg, Wash.), Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.), Kamola Hall, Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.)