The Farmers Bank Building on the northwest corner of 5th Avenue and Pearl Street was completed in 1911. The foundation was put in during the fall of 1910, and actual construction was begun the following spring. Brick and timber were on the ground in March, 1911, and by April, a large derrick was in position to swing the great blocks of Tenino stone into place. The artistic carving of lions' heads on the bank attracted much attention. The bank building was designed by architect Fay R. Spangler. During the bank's long history many local and state banks and offices have occupied the building.
"Farmers Bank Building" (1913). Ellensburg History Photographs. 4.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Farmers Bank Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Bank Buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg