The Training School of the Washington State Normal School was built in 1908 and used as an elementary school for children and training of future teachers. The building was a large three story brick structure located on the east side of D Street between 8th and 9th Avenues. In 1917 the Training School was renamed Edison Hall but continued its original function. When a new college elementary school was opened in 1939, Edison Hall became the music building on the campus of the them Central Washington College of Education.
"Edison Hall, Washington State Normal School" (1910). Ellensburg History Photographs. 70.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.), State Normal School (Ellensburg, Wash.), Training School, Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.)