The Hotel Travelers at 102 First East, managed by Herman A. Greenburg, and the older, more ornate Central Hotel at 110 1/2 First East, offered accommodations to visitors to Cle Elum during the 1930s. A barber shop, drug store and meat market were located close to the hotels. The Central Hotel was constructed circa 1903 while the Travelers Hotel was built in 1909 and originally known as the Central Annex. This postcard is titled: "Hotel Travelers, Cle-Elum, Wash." Handwritten in pencil on back of card, "Cle Elum Was. Oct. 1, 1934. Came from Spokane her last night. Came 232 miles. Oct. 1st. Left Cle Elum for Seattle-97 miles. Oct. 2nd. Left Seattle for Vancouver- 8 a.m."
"Travelers Hotel" (1934). Ellensburg History Photographs. 8.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Kittitas County (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Kittitas County, Hotel Travelers (Cle Elum, Wash.), Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Cle Elum, Hotels -- Washington (State) -- Cle Elum