Norwood Souvenir Co., Cincinnati, Ohio
The first two story wooden frame hospital was destroyed by fire in July 1908. The land was donated to the miners and people of Cle Elum by Walter J. Reed. In 1909, a newer, larger brick hospital was rebuilt on the same site by contractors Don Perrow and Orb Barnett. Dr. Stimpson of Roslyn was the chief surgeon who was assisted by Drs. Kiehl and Newgard from Cle Elum and Drs. Phelp and Payne from Roslyn. The nurses quarters were opened in the building in February of 1909.Postcard titled: "Cle Elum Hospital, Cle Elum, Wash."
"Cle Elum Hospital" (1909). Ellensburg History Photographs. 111.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Kittitas County (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Kittitas County, Health care facilities -- Washington (State) -- Cle Elum, Cle Elum Hospital (Wash.)