District No. 12 school in 1889 had just been created. The school was located on the J. Clerf place, above the northeast corner of Abe Wheeler's ranch. In 1891 Mr. W. Crowley was the first teacher with 42 students. With the increase of student population and the completion of the Town Ditch, the school building was relocated to the north of the present intersection of Denmark and Sorenson Roads. In the fall of each year a community fair was held in the school. This ca. 1898 photograph shows the students and the teacher playing an entertaining game of country baseball. The "outhouse," storage shed and open barns for horses and buggies were to the right of the schoolhouse.
"Denmark and Badger Pocket School, District No. 12" (1898). Ellensburg History Photographs. 115.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Kittitas County (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Kittitas County, Denmark and Badger Pocket School (Kittitas Co., Wash.), School buildings -- Washington (State), Kittitas Co.