Serving the patrons of Ellensburg and Kittitas County for nearly 50 years at the time of this photo, the old library building was a well known community landmark at 209 N. Ruby Street. The Whipple family house on the far left was used as a church until torn down and replaced by the Hal Holmes Community Center in 1983. The library was demolished in 1966.Two copies of same image.
"Ellensburg Public Library " (1955). Ellensburg History Photographs. 151.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Public Library (Ellensburg, Wash.), Public buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Library buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg