J. Boyd Ellis, Arlington, Washington
Looking north on Pearl Street between Third and Fourth Streets, this late 1950s section of Ellensburg remained the central business district. The towered Davidson Building, a well known landmark of Ellensburg, was constructed in the fall of 1889. The two large buildings on the left, the Geddis Building and the Cadwell-Olympic Building, were also build immediately after the July 1889 fire. The gray, streamlined and remodeled bank on the right was the former, ornate stone Ben Snipes Bank. Snipes, known as the northwest cattle king, during the 1860s and 1870s, had the his second band built in 1889.Postcard description, "Ellensburg, Washington. Home of the world famous Ellensburg Rodeo. Trade center of the Kittitas valley in Eastern Washington. Central Washington College of Education is located here. #C-345."
"Early Pearl Street XVI" (1958). Ellensburg History Photographs. 158.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Streets, Historic, Historic streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, City & town life -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Commercial streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Pearl Street (Ellensburg, Wash.), Davidson Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Phoenix Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Geddis Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Cadwell-Olympic Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Ben Snipes Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.)