The Cle Elum State Bank was organized in November 1904 by J. Green, A. Mitchum, M. Adams, R. Stacy, Rev. L. Brown and F. Carpenter. In 1906, A. S. Paul, a contractor, constructed the two-story brick building on the corner of E. First Street and Harris Avenue. Also housed in the building were the offices of Attorney Short, Cascade Lumber Co. and the Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company. Charles Fell moved the Cle Elum Miner-Echo Newspaper into the rear of the building. The Cle Elum High School (built in 1904) and the Home Steam Laundry building can be seen behind the bank. Postcard titled "Cle-Elum State Bank, Cle-Elum, Wash."
"Cle Elum State Bank" (1910). Ellensburg History Photographs. 193.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Kittitas County (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Kittitas County, Cle Elum State Bank (Wash.), Cascade Lumber Co. (Cle Elum, Wash.), Pacific Telephone & Telegraph Co. (Cle Elum, Wash.), Bank buildings -- Washington (State) -- Cle Elum