The Davidson Building completed in January 1890 at the northeast corner of Fourth and Pearl Streets became a well-known Ellensburg landmark with its recognizable tower. The popular Hotel Savoy which replaced the Albany Hotel about 1900 offered guests transportation in the horse drawn taxi to the train depot as well as tours around town. The Elmira Building which housed the New York Store is on the right and the G. R. Stewart Building is on the left.
"The Hotel Savoy, Davidson Building" (1905). Ellensburg History Photographs. 224.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Hotel Savoy (Ellensburg, Wash.), Davidson Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Hotels -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg