The Lynch Block on the southwest corner of Fifth and Pearl Streets was built by Patrick Lynch during the summer and fall of 1888 for $20,000. John Nash was the building contractor. Jackson & Maloney of the Johnson Hotel leased the upper portion of the building containing twenty 'spacious and airy rooms to accommodate the travelling public.' Over the years the Lynch Block housed clothing, jewelry and dry goods stores while the second story was occupied by a variety of offices. The structure was the only downtown building not destroyed by the july 4th 1889 fire.Handwritten on original photograph "S.E. Corner 5th & Pearl Sts." The business stamp of C. A. Bushnell, Sucessor to E. J. Hamacher was stamped on the photograph. Bushnell purchased the photography business from E. J. Hamacher, Ellensburg, Wash. Territory.
Bushnell, C. A., "Lynch Building Under Construction" (1888). Ellensburg History Photographs. 225.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Lynch Block (Ellensburg, Wash.), Johnson Hotel (Ellensburg, Wash.), Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Lynch, Patrick