The large, two story Washington National Bank building located on the southeast corner of Fifth and Pearl Streets was constructed during the fall and winter of 1889. Edward P. Cadwell had the stone covered brick bank building built as the Ellensburgh National Bank. J. C. Hubbell sold the bank to C. S. Darrow in 1899 for $12,000. During the mid 1930s, the bank was stripped of the ornate stone facade and modernized with an Art Deco styling.Photographic enlargement of a picture postcard titled Washington National Bank, Ellensburg, Wash.
"Washington National Bank" (1900). Ellensburg History Photographs. 228.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Bank buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Washington National Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.), Ellensburg National Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.), Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Cadwell, Edward P.