The first horse show in Ellensburgh, Washington Territory occured during the late fall of 1888 or the early spring of 1889 in front of the beautiful stone Ben Snipes Bank. Charles Helm a local horse rancher owned the center horse which sold for $1,200. Helm was a business partner of B. F. Reed. The stone bank was built in 1887 to 1888 and was located on the southeast corner of the intersection of Pearl and Fifth Streets. Stewart and Wilkes Co. a real estate business was located on the first floor of the bank. The July 1889 fire destroyed the bank with most of the town. Ben Snipes rebuilt the bank during the fall of 1889.Two reprint copies of the photograph mounted on heavy card stock.
Bushnell, Cory A., "Ben Snipes Bank, Horse Show" (1889). Ellensburg History Photographs. 240.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Snipes, Ben, Ben Snipes Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.), Horse shows -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Helm, Charles, Stewart & Wilkes Co. (Ellensburg, Wash.), Bushnell, Cory A., 1866-1941, Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg