The large four-story brick Barge Hall built in 1893-1894 was the first and only building on the Washington State Normal School campus for the first eighteen years of the school's existence. Barge Hall classrooms and offices for the entire student and faculty population plus all the administrative operations. The building was never used for living quarters. Barge Hall is located on the north side of 8th Avenue facing south. The impressive structure can be seen at the north end of Anderson Street. Two female students on their way to class pose on each side of Anderson Street while a couple walk to the main entrance.Original postcard titled: "W.S.N.S Pautzke".
Pautzke, Otto W., "Barge Hall Washington State Normal School II" (1899). Ellensburg History Photographs. 60.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.), Barge Hall, Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.), State Normal School (Ellensburg, Wash.)