Located on the northwest corner of Water Street and Fourth Avenue, the Young Men's Christian Association building was built in 1911. Over $50,000 was raised by members of the community for construction of the new building. The site was donated by Mr. and Mrs. Sam Pearson. The Catholic Church purchased the building in 1966 and used it as the church until 1977. The Fraternal Order of Eagles No. 2220 purchased the old Y.M.C.A. building from the Catholic Church in 1980 for their lodge meeting place and headquarters.Postcard titled "The New Y.M.C.A. Building - Ellensburg, WN."
"YMCA Building" (1912). Ellensburg History Photographs. 62.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Y.M.C.A. Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Clubhouses -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg