J. W. Wall sawmill at the mouth of Park (Pass) Creek with Nemeyer/Triplett (Mountain Home) homestead in the background. (Shan Madden) The picture was probably taken in the 1920s. In a 1891 Cle Elum Tribune article the place was referred to as August Sassa’s place. The sawmill originally was the Bloomquist mill on Williams Creek and was moved after 1900 to this location on the Swauk and operated for some time by the Bloomquist sons. (Wes Engstrom)
Nicholson, John Allen and Engstrom, Wesley C., "Buggy, Road, Water Tower" (2009). John Allen Nicholson Pictures. 142.
John Allen Nicholson: His Diaries and Pictures (CDROM)
Liberty(Wash.), Homestead, Gold Mining