The Big Store Company Building originally known as the Nash Block was located on the southeast corner of Fifth and Main Street. Bradshaw, Murray and Hornbeck purchased the entire building for a department store selling everything from paints to buggies to furniture. In 1912, Katerina Murray, the widow of early pioneer David Murray, and her brother-in-law bought out Bradshaw. The upper stories of the building were used as apartments and offices.O. W. Pautzke took several photographs of buildings, businesses, homes and rural scenes for an article in the April 1908 Coast Magazine which highlighted Kittitas County. The Coast Magazine was published in Portland, Oregon. The photograph also was featured in a May 1909 Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition article in the Ellensburg Capital newspaper.
Pautzke, Otto W., "Big Store Company Building" (1908). Ellensburg History Photographs. 222.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Nash Block (Ellensburg, Wash.), The Big Store (Ellensburg, Wash.), Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Stores, Retail -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg