The B.P.O.E Building, known as the Elks' Temple, on the northeast corner of Fifth and Main Streets was built in 1923 by the local Elks chapter for $56,000. The Ellensburg Elks Lodge building commitee consisted of Hubbell, Morrison, Palmer, Sorenson, Anderson and Turner. McWilliams & Ross of Yakima, Washington were the general contractors. The marble cornerstone, donated by the Puget Sound Marble Company was laid in place in June 1923. The building was dedicated in March 1923.Photo postcard titled: "Elks Bldg, Ellensburg-WN. C.14.E.A.S".
"Elks' Lodge Building" (1925). Ellensburg History Photographs. 234.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Clubhouses -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Elks' Temple (Ellensburg, Wash.), B.P.O.E. Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Ellensburg Elks Lodge (Ellensburg, Wash.)