St. Andrews Roman Catholic Church was built in 1884 on the corner of Water Street and Fourth Avenue. John Shoudy deeded the town lots to the church for $1.00. $1,750 was raised for the construction of the church building. Father Parodi served as priest during this. From 1887 to 1897, Father Kusters was the priest who was succeeded in 1897 by Father John Sweens. Father Sweens was not pleased by the disorder of C. S. Palmer's Livery Stable down the block so decided in 1904 to relocate the church. Property was purchased from John B. Davidson at Pine Street and Seventh Avenue. where in 1908 Lourdes Academy was erected to serve as a school for Catholic children.Postcard titled: "No. 17. Catholic Church and Lourdes Hall, Ellensburg, Washington." Handwritten note in ink to Miss Need from Josie.
"St. Andrews Catholic Church and Lourdes Hall" (1910). Ellensburg History Photographs. 123.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Catholic Church (Ellensburg, Wash.), Churches -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Lourdes Academy (Ellensburg, Wash.), School buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg