With the growing population of Ellensburg, the Washington School could no longer house all the local students. In 1912, a large, three story, brick high school was constructed on South Sprague Street between first Avenue and Capital Street. G. H. Rush of La Grande, Oregon was the contractor. The cost of the new high school building was $60,000. 3500,000 bricks were used for the school building. Zetzsche and Zetzsche Co. contracted for all the painting and tinting. Link Mumma was landscape designer and grounds keeper. Ellensburg's first high school building was opened September 9, 1912.Postcard titled: "New High School, Ellensburg, Wash."
"Ellensburg High School " (1915). Ellensburg History Photographs. 13.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg High School (Ellensburg, Wash.), School buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg