The Webster Hotel building on the southwest corner of 3rd Avenue and Pearl Street was constructed in 1909 by G. A. Knox for the Ellensburg Brewing & Malting Company. The structure, built of brick for hotel purposes, cost an estimated $16,000 to complete. It was to be 60' x 85' and two stories high with an opportunity to add a third story if desired. Opening in November 1909, the new building was called the Majestic Hotel. Ownership of the hotel changed twice until 1913 when Frank Groger of Seattle purchased the building. He then completely remodeled the structure, interior and exterior, including the addition of the third story. The remodeled building was called the St. Regis Hotel. In July 1937, William Webster purchased the hotel for $20,000 and renamed it Webster Hotel. During the early morning hours of February 1, 1980, the old hotel was completely destroyed by fire.
"Webster Hotel" (1910). Ellensburg History Photographs. 162.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Webster Hotel (Ellensburg, Wash.), Majestic Hotel (Ellensburg, Wash.), St. Regis Hotel (Ellensburg, Wash.), Ellensburg Brewing & Malting Co. (Ellensburg, Wash.), Hotels -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg