Looking south on Pine Street at the intersection of Pine and Fifth Streets the businesses on the west side of the street can be seen. The building on the southwest corner once housed the Greyhound Bus Depot which later became the J.C. Penney Store. At the end of the block is the Button's Jewelry Store on the location of the former Masonic Temple which burned in the July 1889 fire. The Collins Building on far left was built in 1910 by C. L. Collins. The 60' x 120' buildling houses the Ostrander's Drug and Moser's Clothing Store.Fred Breckon, Ellensburg City Engineer and amateur photographer, took hundreds of photographs of local buildings and towns people from 1936-1964. Each photograph has a handwritten description and date.
Breckon, Fred, "Pine and Fifth Streets" (1958). Ellensburg History Photographs. 174.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Streets, Historic, Historic streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, City & town life -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Commercial streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Pine Steet (Ellensburg, Wash.), Greyhound Bus Depot (Ellensburg, Wash.), Button's Jewelry Store (Ellensburg, Wash.), Collins Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Ostrander's Drug Store (Ellensburg, Wash.), Moser's Clothing Store (Ellensburg, Wash.)