Smith-Western Company, Tacoma, Washington
The well known Ellensburg landmark, the Davidson Building, on the northeast corner of Pearl and Fourth Streets symbolizes the early residents determination to immediately rebuild the city after the July 1889 fire. The large, two story brick Cadwell-Olympic Building which stood across Pearl Street from the Davidson Building was destroyed by fire in 1981. The Lynch Building on the left in the background, built in 1888, was one of the few Ellensburg buildings not destroyed by the 1889 fire.Postcard description, " Ellensburg, Washington. The Davidson Building (on the right) was built in 1890. It is located at the corner of Fourth and Pearl Streets. Downtown Ellensburg was destroyed by fire in 1889 and bricks used in reconstructing the city were shipped from Chicago. The Phoenix Bird on the top of the tower indicates that the city would be rebuilt."
"North Pearl Street II" (1983). Ellensburg History Photographs. 178.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Streets, Historic, Historic streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, City & town life -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Commercial streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Pearl Street (Ellensburg, Wash.), Davidson Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Phoenix Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Cadwell-Olympic Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Lynch Building (Ellensburg, Wash.)