Built in late 1909 and opened in 1919, the Ellensburg Carnegie Public Library was the first public library in the city. A $10,000 grant from the Andrew Carnegie Foundation was used for construction. The furnishings and entire book collection as well as the librarian's salary were supplied by local funds. Lloyd's Opera House on right and Wipple house on left. The building served as a library from 1919 until 1966.
"Ellensburg Carnegie Public Library V" (1940). Ellensburg History Photographs. 187.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic, Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Public Library (Ellensburg, Wash.), Public buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Library buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg