The Lighthouse Cabin Court, also called The Lighthouse Motel and the Lighthouse Auto Court, was built by Paul Lundstrom in 1935. Lundstrom owned and operated the court with its 15 "cozy cabins." Located on West Eighth Avenue the auto court had a tall lighthouse with beacons which pointed the way from the construction site of Highway 10. The new highway would carry heavy Snoqualmie Pass and Seattle to Spokane traffic past the auto court. In 1947, Hugh Boucher purchased the business and had the lighthouse tower removed.Photograph postcard titled: "Ellensburg, Wash. On Seattle Highway."
"Lighthouse Cabin Court" (1940). Ellensburg History Photographs. 212.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Lighthouse Cabin Court (Ellensburg, Wash.), Motels -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Lundstrom, Paul