A group of men gathered in front of the Evening Record office and building awaiting the latest news in this ca. 1925 photograph. By 1913, the Evening Record, formerly the Ellensburg Localizer, was located in its new building on the northwest corner of Fourth and Main Streets. Clifford Kaynor owned and published the newspaper from 1909 until 1953. During the late 1930s, the newspaper was renamed the Ellensburg Daily Record.
"Evening Record Newspaper Building" (1925). Ellensburg History Photographs. 229.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Evening Record Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Daily Record Building (Ellensburg, Wash.)