West Shore Print (magazine), Portland, Oregon, and Spokane Falls, Washington
The Nash Block located on the southeast corner of Fifth and Main was built immediately after the July 1889 fire. John Nash who was the contractor for the Kittitas County Courthouse built in 1886, financed the building of the Nash Block. Herman Kaminsky's Dry Goods Store was situated in the front of the building facing Main Street. During the first quarter of the 1900s the Nash Block became known as The Big Store owned by Murray and Hornbeck.A supplement to West Shore (magazine) commissioned by Leonhard & Ross of Ellensburgh, Washington. A 24 1/2" x 34 1/2" poster of the Ellensburgh building built or being built after the July 4th 1889 fire. Twenty-six buildings or blocks illustrated. Reverse side contained two full pages of information about Ellensburg and the Kittitas Valley. F. Leonhard and P. H. W. Ross Real Estate advertisement.
"Nash Block, Ellensburgh, Washington" (1889). Ellensburg History Photographs. 236.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Nash Block (Ellensburg, Wash.), Herman Kaminsky's Dry Goods Store (Ellensburg, Wash.), Nash, John, The Big Store (Ellensburg, Wash.), Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Stores, Retail -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg