S. R. Geddis (1838-1912) an early day Ellensburg businessman had the large, two story brick Geddis Block built and completed by the summer of 1888. It was located on the southwest corner of Fourth and Pearl Streets. A group of men and boys posed for this June 13, 1888 photograph. Austin Mires 91852-1836) Law Office was housed in the second story of the building. The entire building was destroyed by the July 4th 1889 fire.Handwritten on original photograph "Geddis Block Ellensburg W.T. Pearl street between 3 & 4 June 13, 1888." Above second story window was written "A. Mires law office."
Hamacher, E. J., "Geddis Block" (1888). Ellensburg History Photographs. 245.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Geddis, S. R., Geddis Block (Ellensburg, Wash.), Austin Mires Law Office (Ellensburg, Wash.), Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg