Ronald Still Explosion Interview
Suncadia (Resort), Suncadia Fund for Community Enhancement
In this interview, an unknown resident of Ronald, Washington, talks about stills and home brewing in the area. He speaks about the Ronald Still explosion of August 17, 1928, and subsequent fires. He also talks about the transport and consumption of moonshine, and about Prohibition and the "dry squads."
The cover image shows Ronald, Washington, looking north on Second Street, circa 1918. The town of Ronald was created in the late 1880s when the No. 3 Mine opened. Named after Alexander Ronald, Superintendent of the Northwestern Improvement Company (NWI), the town was a supply center for miners and their families. The first school was opened in May 1890 with 49 students and one teacher. Roslyn-Cascade Coal Mine opened in 1898 west of the No. 3 Mine, adding greatly to Ronald's population and economy.
Unknown, "Ronald Still Explosion Interview" (1975). Roslyn, Cle Elum, and Ronald Oral History Interviews. 87.
Oral history, Breweries--Washington (State), Prohibition--Washington (State), Ronald (Wash.)
Educational use only; no other permissions given. Copyright to this resource is held by the content creator, author, artist or other entity, and is provided here for educational purposes only. It may not be reproduced or distributed in any format without written permission of the copyright owner.