This image looks to the west. The Good Roads Association led Washington state to pave two lanes of all roads. Businesses had the option to pave their spaces. Note the bare spots where businesses opted out. Cle Elum State Bank is at the right of this image, and the Schober building (2 stories) is at the left. See the Albert Schober Interview for more information.
"First Street in Cle Elum, Washington" (1932). Suncadia Photographs. 90.
Educational use only; no other permissions given. Copyright to this resource is held by the content creator, author, artist or other entity, and is provided here for educational purposes only. It may not be reproduced or distributed in any format without written permission of the copyright owner.
Suncadia Legacy, Central Washington University Archives and Special Collections