Looking south on Pearl Street at the intersection of Pearl and Sixth Streets, this late 1890s photograph shows the rustic boardwalk and unpaved streets of Ellensburg. On the left is the Honolulu Block located on the northeast corner of Pearl and Fifth Streets built in 1889 by the McCandless Brothers who had large land and water investments in Honolulu, Hawaii Territory. The two towers of the Davidson and Kreidel Buildings on the east side of the street are hidden from view. On the southwest corner of Pearl and Fifth Streets is the Lynch Building built by Patrick Lynch in 1888. This building with its onion shaped finials survived the July 1889 fire which destroyed most of the Ellensburg business district. The two story wooden frame structure in the foreground on the right was a lodging house. The Geddis and Kleinberg Buildings on the west side of Pearl Street can be seen in the distance.Poor quality reproduction. Imagines blurred.
"Intersection of Sixth and Pearl Streets" (1896). Ellensburg History Photographs. 171.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Streets, Historic, Historic streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Pearl Street (Ellensburg, Wash.), Honolulu Block (Ellensburg, Wash.), Lynch Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Geddis Building (Ellensburg, Wash.), Kleinberg Building (Ellensburg, Wash.)