Title

A Comment Book Analysis of Wind Farm Visitors

Document Type

Oral Presentation

Location

SURC Ballroom C/D

Start Date

16-5-2013

End Date

16-5-2013

Abstract

A content analysis of seven comment diaries with open-ended comments from wind farm visitors (n=2,047) was conducted. Positive and negative visitor comments were recorded and coded according to gender, party size, and visitor origin. Eight-four percent of visitors were from Washington State (22 percent from Ellensburg). The majority (85 percent) generally left positive comments about the wind farm. More specific visitor impressions of the tour guides, the visitor center, the view and the surrounding ecosystem accounted for the remaining 15 percent of comments recorded. On the strength of these findings, recommendations on signage, information provided by the farm, an e-sign in book, and incorporating a customer relationship management system were offered.

Poster Number

39

Faculty Mentor(s)

Mark Pritchard

Additional Mentoring Department

Management

This document is currently not available here.

Share

COinS
 
May 16th, 2:15 PM May 16th, 4:44 PM

A Comment Book Analysis of Wind Farm Visitors

SURC Ballroom C/D

A content analysis of seven comment diaries with open-ended comments from wind farm visitors (n=2,047) was conducted. Positive and negative visitor comments were recorded and coded according to gender, party size, and visitor origin. Eight-four percent of visitors were from Washington State (22 percent from Ellensburg). The majority (85 percent) generally left positive comments about the wind farm. More specific visitor impressions of the tour guides, the visitor center, the view and the surrounding ecosystem accounted for the remaining 15 percent of comments recorded. On the strength of these findings, recommendations on signage, information provided by the farm, an e-sign in book, and incorporating a customer relationship management system were offered.