West Shore Print (magazine), Portland, Oregon, and Spokane Falls, Washington
The Cadwell Block built by E. P. Cadwell was sold in 1900 to a group of investors from Olympia, Washington. Located on the west side of Pearl between Fourth and Fifth Streets, the building became known as the Olympia Block. It was another example of late Victorianesque architecture. The windows were arched and arranged in patterns of threes, all elaborately decorated with arches and friezes. During the 1890s the large corner building housed many businesses. The building was destroyed by fire on June 17, 1979.A supplement to West Shore (magazine) commissioned by Leonhard & Ross of Ellensburgh, Washington. A 24 1/2" x 34 1/2" poster of the Ellensburgh building built or being built after the July 4th 1889 fire. Twenty-six buildings or blocks illustrated. Reverse side contained two full pages of information about Ellensburg and the Kittitas Valley. F. Leonhard and P. H. W. Ross Real Estate advertisement.
"Cadwell Block II" (1889). Ellensburg History Photographs. 87.
Local History Collection Photographs, Ellensburg Public Library
Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg, Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic, Cadwell Block (Ellensburg, Wash.), Cadwell, E. P., Olympia Block (Ellensburg, Wash.), Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg